Children Ministry - Partnering with parents to guide kids toward a HEART for God.
Partnering with Parents
Parents are designed to be and usually are the primary influence in a child’s spiritual formation. Therefore,
- If we are not intentionally partnering with them, then most of what we do is fairly irrelevant in the spiritual life of the child.
- It doesn’t matter what model you gravitate toward, children’s ministry is a family ministry and family ministry is children’s ministry, and we can forge effective partnerships in any model. The best model is more about the environment and leadership of your church.
To Guide Kids
- In the end, both parents and those of us in the church are guides. Of course, we need to do all we can to influence children in their faith – and what we do (or don’t do) most definitely influences them.
Toward A HEART For God
- Ultimately, spiritual formation is about the heart. This is why:
- It is mentioned hundreds of times and in many different contexts throughout scripture.
- We are told: “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.’ Proverbs 4:23
- The “heart” (in scripture) generally encompasses our thinking, our will, and our emotions.
- We want the hearts of our kids to lean toward God in all areas of their life so that everything they do is influenced “toward God”.
You may have noticed that HEART is capitalized in our definition. That is because there are 5 areas we can focus on (H.E.A.R.T.) to help us guide kids toward a HEART for God” in partnership with parents.
At our church, we encourage and facilitate
- Heartfelt Relationships
- Engaging Teaching
- Authentic Worship
- Real Service
- Telling the Good News
Our Sunday School/Children’s Ministry is our main discipleship ministry for our children as they learn Bible stories and principles that will help shape their spiritual journey. Classes are offered for children from nursery through 5th grades on Sunday morning at 10:00 AM. We use an age-appropriate curriculum that aids the children in discovering God's truths. Currently, we are not offering in-person Sunday School for our children due to COVID-19.
- Birth – 2 Years - Nursery
Teaching Team - Maxine Raynor, Danielle Edwards
- 3 - 5 Years - Kindergarten
Teaching Team – Pauline Fraser, Lucy Anderson
- 1st - 3rd Grade - Primary
Teaching Team – Yolanda Marshall-Saunders, Glenis Bennett
- 4th - 5th Grade - Preteen
Teaching Team – Jessica Falconer & Devon Murphy
Directors– Kassandra Lindsay and Cavelle Clarke-Morrison
- Children's Church Worship Service
Sundays at 11:00 a.m. - 12:30p.m.